Use your Aardvark strainer for the BEST Margarita
Special equipment: This citrus juicer won us over because of its efficiency and practical design.
What to buy: All self-respecting margaritas are made with only 100 percent agave tequila (we like to use the high-quality Cuervo 1800, Patrón Silver, Herradura, or Don Julio) and Cointreau.
This recipe was featured as part of our Build Your Own Burrito Bar story.
- Salt, for rimming the glass (optional)
- 1 1/2 ounces tequila (blanco, 100 percent agave)
- 1 ounce freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 ounce Cointreau (not Triple Sec)
- If using salt, place in a shallow dish. Moisten the rim of a rocks glass with a dampened paper towel, then dip in salt.
- Fill the glass with ice; add tequila, lime juice, and Cointreau; and stir a few times until chilled. Serve immediately.